Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Last weekend was the first in nearly two months where I was not: a) working b) traveling, or c) hosting visitors. It was great! We were able relax, get some things done around the house, and catch up with all of our local friends. I don't have any pictures of our get togethers because I was too busy enjoying myself and just hanging out.

Our whole group went to Taco Mamacita on Sullivan's Island on Saturday evening. I'm sure the poor waitress was overwhelmed but we were all pretty unimpressed with the over all experience. I've been there once before and it was better that time. Perhaps this was a fluke? Either way, in my opinion it doesn't even come close to Taco Boy. 



 On Sunday after church, we decided to try Wild Flour Pastry which we'd heard many good things about from our friends. It did not disappoint. The cinnamon rolls were amazing!




The bakery is located on Spring St. and was just as quaint and charming as I imagined. The staff was friendly and helpful. We came home with all of this:




Just to give some perspective those cinnamon rolls were as big as my head. No joke. And yes, we got 3 (at my insistence) and devoured every last morsel. Don't judge.

If you live in Charleston this is a must visit!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I love fresh cinnamon rolls. My sister goes to school in Omaha Nebraska and they have a place with the best cinnamon rolls! Their frosting is to dye for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!