Friday, February 10, 2012

Brush With Fame


I completely forgot to mention this earlier in the week. Army Wives was filming on our street all last weekend. I know the show regularly tapes here in Charleston but I've never had any run-ins with the cast or shootings. Of course, Cooper and I took a few leisurely strolls around the block to check everything out. To be honest though, I don't think I'd know or recognize any of the actors. It was cool to see all of the cameras, crew, wardrobe, etc, etc.

Anyone watch Army Wives? Am I missing out?

Tonight, Mark and I are going to dinner at CPH in Mt. Pleasant.


I've been on a big burger and fries kick lately. If you're local (or just visiting!) and haven't been here, GO! Their burgers are delicious and truffle fries are amazing. I've also heard they have a great selection of beers on tap (I'm not really an expert).

I've also been dying for a treat from Cupcake. Now, I'm no brew expert but Cupcakes, I know. I've had them from bakeries and shops all around town and this is hands-down my favorite place. The hardest part? Choosing just one!


We had these at our our wedding in lieu of a traditional cake and they were a huge hit. According to their website, Red Velvet is the best seller (no surprise there!).

I am really looking forward to having an entire weekend free to check some items off of our to-do list and just relaxing!


And lastly, nerd alert: Breaking Dawn comes out on DVD at midnight.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to visit Charleston and visit all the great restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that picture of Robert Pattinson holding the baby weirdly sexy....is it just me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun about the Army Wives! When I lived in downtown Miami, I was always snooping around the sets (especially when they had the street closed down to make snow ... it was 80 degrees!) But it's actually an addicting show (not great though), I started watching it on Netflix one weekend. It might be more fun to watch if you recognize places ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Army Wives is the best show on TV! I'm so jealous they were filming on your street. How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got addicted to Army Wives a couple years ago, but haven't really kept up with it. However, SO COOL that you got to see them filming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!