Monday, December 16, 2013

Domestic Me- Dad's Chili

Please contain your enthusiasm as I try to illustrate my achievements in the kitchen.

It has been so freaking cold and snowy here already I can tell it's going to be a long winter. When the season rolls around nothing sounds better for dinner than something warm and filling. I make a lot of soups nov-mar.

This recipe is from my dad who has made this chili....for as long as I can remember. I changed out the ground beef for ground chicken and you honestly can't tell the difference. We also accidentally got pinto beans at the store one time and haven't looked back since.

1 lb lean ground meat

1 yellow onion

1 large can tomato sauce

1 small can tomato paste + 1 small can of water

1 can pinto beans

1 can kidney beans

2 tbsp chili powder

1 tsp sugar

Salt & Pepper to taste

Brown meat and onion then drain. Add in all other ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure to have lots of shredded cheddar on hand to top the chili with- we like ours extra cheesy!

 

1 comment:


  1. Hello, My name is Faith am from USA ..... and I am very happy for posting on this blog on how a great spell caster helped me bring back the love of my life. I know there are lots of women like me out there who have done so much just to have back their Husband, I am here to tell you all to search no further because the answer is right here. I sincerely believe if there are up to five spell casters like DOCTOR WTAHA this world would be a better place, I contacted him and shared my problems to him and he gave me the terms and conditions, which I obeyed, it only took 3 days for my husband to come back home begging for my forgiveness. To cut the long story short. I am now living happily with my husband. Thanks to Dr TWAHA . Contact him now on email: drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com . Or reach him on whats app +2349038518881 or call him . He can save your marriage or relationships too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!