Friday, July 22, 2011

Poogan's Porch & Grannymere


Last night we had dinner at Poogan's Porch and it was a-maz-ing!


I haven't been there in years and it was just as good, if not better, than I remember it. We started of with the gouda mac & cheese and of course, their signature biscuits and honey-butter. Those biscuits are second to none- literally the best thing I have eaten in ages!

For the main course, I had the buttermilk fried chicken with mashed potatoes, which was delicious. Mark had some huge seafood platter, which he finished in a nano second, and then moved on to finish off my plate and my sister's (shrimp and grits).

Eating the homemade biscuits reminded me of my Grannymere, who passed away a year ago this month. She loved to take home rolls or whatever bread was served for a little snack later on :)


painted by my cousin, Bobby Owens

Gran was a wonderful person, the center of our family, and to say that she is missed would be a vast understatement. 

I hope everyone ha s a great weekend! I'll be spending the time relaxing with my sister. And speaking of which, it's her birthday!  

4 comments:

  1. so sorry about your grandmother.

    but poogans porch is fabulous! i love that fried chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Poogan's Porch! That place is amazing, some of the best food in the South!

    Ps: Your grandmother sounds like a sweet lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cute and the food sounds scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for another lovely post. I hope you had an amazing weekend. Would love if you'd check out my latest post featuring pictures from my favorite little treat shop in Beverly Hills. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!