Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sportsmanship

Let me preface this post by saying that I don't consider myself a sportsman of any sort.

However, I feel compelled to address the topic after two epic kickball games. We won one and lost one, if anyone was wondering or cares. Anyways, there is always one (*at least) big-mouth on the opposing team who spews hatred and a stream of expletives. The whole time.



Now, there hasn't ever been a true brawl. Things get really heated when the games are close. Like tonight. It's hard to shake someone's hand afterwards when they've been screaming in your face and calling you/your teammates every name in the book.

I'd like to say I don't 'give in'. But that'd be a lie. We generally stay quiet until it gets ridiculous.

I'll summarize my attitude towards our opponents by quoting former Housewife of NJ, Dina Manzo:

"If you think I'm a bitch, bring it on."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!