Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In A Clothing Rut

I am so thankful that the warm weather is here (hopefully to stay)! I can finally start wearing something other than my boring black pants/skirt/dress shirt combo on a daily basis. I tend to dress pretty conservatively at the office. But that doesn't mean I can't incorporate some fun pieces every now and then! My work wardrobe needs a facelift and what better time to re-evaluate some key pieces than the spring?

First, I'll give you an idea of what an everyday outfit consists of for the cooler months:

Wrap Dress


Reva's


And yes, I'm completely aware of how boring I am.  I might throw on a scarf or boots if I'm feeling adventurous ;)

Naturally, I already have a few go-to items for the warmer weather. They include white dress pants/skirt, brightly colored tops, and gold Reva's or my metallic Jack Rogers. I do a a lot of walking, so flats are a MUST. Here are some items that I wouldn't mind adding to my arsenal:



Milly via Saks


Milly via Saks


Lilly P via Saks


Trina Turk

Dresses are definitely my preference. The fewer choices I have to make early in the morning, the better. Throw on a cute necklace or pair of earrings and you're good to go!





 

5 comments:

  1. I am with you 100% on dresses for work. So much easier to get together, while half asleep in the morning :) I definitely prefer my summer wardrobe! I feel like my outfits look the same every single day in the winter. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo....i got that trina turk dress from copper penny the other day! i love it! i am with you on dress clothes for work. i am definitely in a funk right now. i either have all winter clothes or all summer clothes, not much in between!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm a stylist in LA and I'm totally obsessed with your blog. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I just moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. In attempt to get my heel in the door, I've launched a site all about celebrity fashion and the trends that create it. Check out what Brad, Rachel Zoe's former associate shared with me and find out my latest trend report. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to follow on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving that navy dress!! i'm with you...one item of clothing is always best, so i tend to go with dresses. plus, they are more fun :)

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the dresses! They are a total glam dunk for march madness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!