Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Animal Haters

I just don't understand why some people have pets.

As we were driving home from kickball tonight, we saw a dog wandering down the middle of the street(Downtown) with a huge rope around his neck, dragging about 10 feet behind him. Poor guy was a mess- dirty, mangy, disoriented, and clearly scared of humans. Mark was trying to coax him over to see if he had tags, when all of the sudden this man whips around the corner and starts threatening us. With a pitch fork (seriously). He said it was his dog and we were on his property? Hmm. I dont think so. After a few exchanges we decided to drive away, but I felt so terrible for the pup.

I have seen this numerous times in the area where we live and it makes me so mad! Much worse than tonight, actually.

One of the dogs we found wandering the DT streets:


Luckily, he was microchipped.

One of our old 'neighbors' kept his dog chained to a staircase outside. Another 'neighbor' down the street let his kids beat their dog with metal chains. In the front yard.

What is wrong with people?

I completely understand if one is not an animal person. I know many that aren't. But why get a pet if you're not going to love and care for it? That's all they really want. 

I gave Cooper lots of hugs and kisses when we got home. I know he appreciates it :)



5 comments:

  1. Awww. That makes me so mad. People are just horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I hate people who do that! So terrible! I'm a huge animal lover....I'd basically jump out of moving car to save duck! I like your blog! Stop by mine :)

    http://placestogothingstobuy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, this makes me so sad! If you aren't going to treat your pets right, you shouldn't have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate this :( Being the ridiculous animal lover that I am, I hate hearing when people aren't good to their pets. They provide you with unconditional love, so I find it horrendous when owners aren't good to them. That beagle pic is adorable ps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being an animal person, and not liking animals is far different than abusing them. Poor, poor pups :( Bless you for trying to help them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!