Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cool Cocktails & Recents Reads

Is it too early to be thinking about weekend cocktails?

How amazing does this look

Slushy Watermelon Mojitos Recipe

We got a huge watermelon from Whole Foods this weekend and have lots leftover. So, I decided we'll be making these yummy watermelon mojitos!

(from Cooking Light, 2004)

5 cups cubed seeded watermelon
1 cup sparkling water, chilled
3/4 cup white rum
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, undiluted
Mint sprigs (optional)
Lime slices (optional)

Arrange watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze 2 hours or until completely frozen.
Combine frozen watermelon, sparkling water, rum, mint, and limeade in a blender; process until smooth. Garnish with mint sprigs and lime slices, if desired. Serve immediately


I can't technically call these 'book reviews' because I haven't actually finished them. But anyways...

via

I am LOVING this book so far! I want to finish it before the weekend, so I can check out the movie. I can't wait to read it all, but will be so sad when it's over. If that make any sense at all.


This one....not so much. In fact, it's taken me about 3 months to read 60 pages. I feel like I'm reading one of my classic lit textbooks from college. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to finish it. There are some interesting facts, but not enough to keep my interest. I want to know how this is a NY Time bestseller?! Anyone out there who enjoyed this book?



3 comments:

  1. The watermelon mojito sounds amazing! Great summer drink. I just finished The Help a few days ago. I loved it, and am kinda sad I am done reading it! But I cannot wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Help! Really looking forward to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might treat myself to a cool cocktail or two tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you all!